Friday, November 20, 2009

Leave That No Account Oogie Boogie Out of This!

The Tim Burton Exhibit at MoMA featuring original content and films by the master himself! Through April 26th, 2010

Well dear readers, I have some content for you at last!! My awesome cousin Hallie got me tickets for the preview of the Tim Burton exhibit at MoMA. It was packed and awesome!!! I went with my friend Brittan and took a lot of video which I will edit and post on the site sometime this weekend. There were models from Corpse Bride and The Nightmare Before Christmas, original sketches, notes to directors and modelers (even one to Johnny Depp about a line in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory!). There was a model of Oogie Boogie that glowed in the dark. Original shorts and commercials. Free drinks and more! I highly recommend you go see it if you're in New York. It's open until April of next year!
Also free drinks! And weird breadstick thingies! MoMA will also be showing all of his films over the coming months, which kicked off with Pee-Wee's Big Adventure on Wednesday. A nice guard let us in near the end of the movie even though we didn't have a ticket. We heard he was introducing the film and thought we might catch him, but sadly he must have snuck out...Pee-Wee was as good as I remember it though!
So an Awesome Night followed by an all-nighter to finish a long paper! But fun was had and I don't regret it!! Anyways video forthcoming!

No comments:

Post a Comment