Thursday, October 8, 2009

SPIKE JONZE!!


So a quick post about what I did tonight:



-Went to MoMA and saw Spike Jonze's film about Maurice Sendak and their collaboration: Tell Them Anything You Want

-
Heard Sendak and Jonze talk about what inspired them to make Where the Wild Things Are and talk about their friendship

-Watched a short film Spike Jonze and Catherine Keener made for Maurice Sendak's 80th Birthday-sooooo funny!

-Saw a clip from Jonze's new film Where the Wild Things Are (Out Oct. 16th!)

-Saw Julianne Moore, Karen O. (of the Yeah Yeah Yeahs), and Catherine Keener

-Spoke to Maurice Sendak and told him what a fan I was

-Embarrased myself in front of Maurice Sendak because I was told he wasn't doing autographs and I had my sketchbook out

-Ogled Karen O. and Catherine Keener (Julianne Moore skipped out quick) wondering if I should try and get their autographs-I didn't

-Got Spike Jonze's autograph in my sketchbook!!!!!



On an unrelated note I also saw Matthew Morrison, Mr. Schu, from Glee walking down 5th Avenue. It's been a good week. Going to DC this weekend so maybe new posts Tuesday..

Brittan went with me here's a link to her blog post about it: http://brittanclaire.blogspot.com/2009/10/i-met-spike-jonze.html

She rights way more eloquently then me plus she has more pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment