Wednesday, October 7, 2009

i Haven't Cried Like That Since TItantic: Zombieland

Directed by Ruben Fleischer
Starring Jesse Eisenberg, Woody Harrelson, Emma Stone, and Abigail Breslin

SYNOPSIS: In a world run by zombies 4 unlikely heroes set out on an adventure across the country or something like that. I don't know. It's hard to explain.

THE POSITIVE: It was quite funny and the acting was great. Plus a surprise cameo will leave you laughing! Normally I'm not a fan of narration, but Jesse Eisenberg provided a lot of the humor in the movie. I also liked the comedy style and its overarching theme. The cinematography was excellent as well. There was a lot of zombie killing as well! I love zombie killing!

THE NEGATIVE: I thought it was a little too long and I saw a lot of scenes that could be cut. I also thought the plot was formulaic, but that can be fun especially when it's a little subversive. More killing would have been appreciated, did I mention I love zombie killing?

THE VERDICT: It's a fun movie! I think it's worth the $12.50 to go see it. Plus Jesse Eisenberg is so cute in a nerdy way.

I give it 4 out of 5.*

1 comment: