Sunday, January 10, 2010

Cry God for England, Harry, and St.George!: Sherlock Holmes

Directed by Guy Ritchie
Starring Robert Downey Jr., Jude Law, Rachel McAdams, and Kelly Reilly!!! Plus Mark Strong

SYNOPSIS: A re-imagining of the classic Sherlock Holmes tales with an undeniably Ritchie twist.

THE GOOD: What wasn't good about it? The acting: Superb! The setting: Excellent! The Action: Totally Wicked! Do you get it? It was awesome! Robert Downey Jr. was great as Holmes bringing both a vulnerability and sharp intellect to the character. I loved Jude Law as Watson he embodied him perfectly as described in the books! He was suave, a little sarcastic, and a great counterpoint to Holmes' eccentricities. You all know I love Rachel McAdams and big shout out to my favorite underrated actress Kelly Reilly who stars as Law's fiancee! Oh and I can't forget Mark Strong who was an excellent villain, but he's always excellent too. Who is Moriarty??

Ritchie's directing was excellent, his use of slow-mo to illustrate Holme's intellect and his great action sequences reminded me just why I love him. He brings a smartness and depth to turn of the century London that is quite amazing to watch.

THE BAD: It wasn't long enough!! I loved it! I'm looking for to the next installment!!! It was so nice I saw it twice!

THE VERDICT: Go see it, please? For me, would you?

I give it 5 out of 5*

No comments:

Post a Comment