Sunday, January 10, 2010

Are You Ready?:The Princess and the Frog

Directed by Ron Clements and John Musker
Starring the voice talents of Anika Noni Rose, Bruno Campos, Keith David, Terrence Howard, and O-o-o-who-Oprah!

SYNOPSIS: In a return to traditional 2-D animation Disney brings a new twist to the class Frog Prince tale starring the first African-American princess.

THE GOOD: A lush setting, great music, and great voice cast. New Orleans serves as the backdrop to the story and it is full of life and music. I loved the story and basically it just made me feel good. The music was excellent and up to par with more classic movies like The Lion King and Aladdin. The animation was downright amazing and beautiful. The setting really helped provide an excuse to make every scene colorful and vibrant.

THE BAD: It was slightly depressing. But this seems to be the new thing in animated movies. Pixar has been playing with more dramatic themes and it seems Disney has decided to go this route as well. It was moving and tastefully done, but left me a little sad.
A note on the controversy surrounding the film: GET OVER IT!! I was not offended by anything in the movie and I think most of it is people looking for something to get upset over.

THE VERDICT: Go see it! If by the time of this review it's actually still in theaters.

I give it 4 out of 5*

**sorry if this is a little sparse I saw this about a month ago and since I am lazy am just reviewing it now.



No comments:

Post a Comment