Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Support Kate Beckinsale!: Whiteout

Directed by Dominic Sena
Starring Kate Beckinsale, Gabriel Macht, Tom Skerrit, and Columbus Short

This post would have been a lot more effective for supporting Kate Beckinsale's acting career had I actually written it when the movie came out, but you live and you learn...

SYNOPSIS: On a remote Antarctic research station, a sexy US Marshal is stalked by a crazed killer on the ice. That's it.

THE POSITIVE: Oh Kate Beckinsale why do you force me to watch these movies you're in? Who is your agent? Why did you do this movie? I don't understand...also Gabriel Macht is in it. I'll give them points for some nice flashback scenes.

THE NEGATIVE: All the standards generic plot and characters, bad pacing, obviousness of the killer. Bad musical timing, I mean you can't just play scary music and have nothing happen. Also weird ending that didn't make any sense to me...it was anti-climatic especially after all this buildup.

THE VERDICT: I love you Kate Beckinsale but do not see this movie. Now would you go and do some indie movie now, please?

I give it 1 out of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment