Wednesday, September 30, 2009

You Must Take the Ring to Mordor: 9

Directed by Shane Acker
Starring the voice talents of: Elijah Wood, Jennifer Connelly, Christopher Plummer, and John C. Reilly

Oh an actual post, see I told you I could keep this blog thing going didn't I? Didn't I? For those who don't get the title Elijah Wood is the title voice and who is Elijah Wood, everyone say it with me: FRODO! Ok Ok on to the review....

SYNOPSIS: 9 is a computer-animated story set in a post-apocalyptic world. Written and directed by Shane Acker, who also did the short film of the same title, it features 9 mechanical puppets who become kind of the stewards of the world after the humans are gone.

THE POSITIVE: Great visuals, I mean really great! Some of the best computer animation I've seen, the technology is really coming along. There was also some really great voice acting, I mean you can't go wrong with Elijah Wood or Christoper Plummer can you? The story was pretty engaging and I liked the blend of both fantasy and science fiction that form the core of the story.

THE NEGATIVE: Maybe I was just too hyped up about it, but the story seemed a little simplified. There weren't a lot of twists or turns, but maybe this was just because it was different than I expected. I also found the story a little boring at times and if it weren't for the great visuals I don't think I would have been engaged as I was.

THE VERDICT: If you're really into animation it's definitely worth seeing, but I would wait for the DVD for this one.

I give it 2 out 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment